Intern Job Description: Marketing and Communications Intern
Mahala’s Hope transforms lives through nature-based healing programs of recovery for women
In recovery from substance use and trauma. Mahala’s Hope operates from a belief that every woman desires change and can take steps toward attaining a productive and self-sufficient life. Strength-based planning builds on a participant’s unique qualities and identified strengths that can then be used to support strategies to meet her needs.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Description: Mahala’s Hope seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
- Update and maintain MH’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Mahala’s Hope
- Update the MH website when needed
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Mahala’s Hope mission
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Plan and facilitate Marketing Committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe
InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Mahala’s Hope and the individuals we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is a Paid internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Mahala’s Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.